Lifestyle stylist, fashion icon, and now our newest brand ambassador: Shea Whitney's no stranger to being in the spotlight. With over a million subscribers on her YouTube channel, it's easy to see what makes Shea one of America's most popular lifestyle vloggers.
We had the pleasure of catching up with Shea right in time for Mother's Day, which is on the 10th of May this year.
"Every woman should figure out what kind of wallet they love."
Here's an exclusive peek into her daily routines, how she and her kids are handling staying at home, her work process, and the vision for her brand in the coming years:
1) You've got what's probably one of the most engaged communities we've ever seen on YouTube. Your community really loves you! Can you tell us how you got into becoming a YouTuber and public figure?
I started my YouTube channel in 2016 and most of my videos were focused on reviewing luxury handbags and accessories. As I started growing an audience, I began to branch out into women’s fashion, style, beauty and occasionally lifestyle. I’m so thankful that my audience has evolved with me!
2) So about daily routines - do you have one these days? If so, which habits and routines do you repeat on a daily basis?
Yes, I definitely have a routine that I try to follow on a daily basis. Some of my favorites include going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. This resets your internal clock and makes you feel more energized! I also love making a To-Do list at night for the following day. This allows me to wake up in the morning with my plan of attack all ready to go!
3) A lot of parents are finding inventive ways to keep their kids happy during these times. Being a mother of two, what do you think has been working best for you and your family?
We have found that simply going outside and getting some fresh air has been a tremendous help during this time. Going for short walks, playing with bubbles or chalk, riding bikes or simply taking a few deep breaths of fresh air has helped us all so much!
5) Sweet! With Mother's Day coming up as well, I'm sure your kids are loving having you at home more too. Do you normally exchange presents? Any memorable ones that stand out for you?
The coolest Mother’s Day gift I’ve ever given AND also received is a pendant necklace with the names of my family engraved into it. So special and sweet! And it’s surprisingly stylish, too!
6) Have you ever lost something that’s been crucial to you on the road? How did you go about recovering it?
I actually can’t think of a time where I lost something crucial! I’m always terrified of losing my wallet or passport though. So I’m extra extra careful about placing it in a safe and secure spot!
7) What are three essentials you can't go without?
- My Cell Phone
- My Makeup
- My Ekster Wallet of course ;)
7) So another question about your carry! We know you’re using an Ekster, but which one is it and how do you like it?
Yes, I absolutely love my Ekster wallet! So much so that I stole it from my husband ;) have the Parliament wallet in several colors - Cognac, Black and Blush Beige! I absolutely LOVE the compact size, but the best part is the built-in card holder that fans out my cards with a click of a button. So cool and really handy!
8) You have recently reached the milestone of 1 million subscribers, congratulations! Where do you want to take your youtube channel/what are your ambitions for 2020?
I never expected my channel to grow to 1 million subscribers, but I’m so thankful!! I hope to continue growing, and I would also love to partner or collaborate with a brand on my own clothing or accessory piece/line. A girl can dream!
Here at Ekster, we're in the business of making your life easier.
We started with upgrading the traditional leather wallet, making it easier to use and harder to lose. Now, we're taking on the rest of your essentials to make each day easier for you.
Learn more about Ekster