Vacancies at EKSTER®
We have brought together a world-class collective of problem-solvers.
Are you the next talent to join our team?
Communications Manager / Marketing strategist
We are a scale-up that designs, produces and markets smart leather goods with an innovative touch and integrated technology. Ekster introduced the first RFID blocking smart wallet with the fastest card access experience on the market. Our two-way tracking feature prevents the user from ever losing their wallet or phone again. During our first year, we reached $1m in revenue and have doubled in size ever since. Sounds exciting? Great, because we are currently looking for enthusiastic people to join our young and ambitious team in Amsterdam.
About the role
As our Communications Manager, you are the face of Ekster and thus play an important role in our team. You get energy by interacting with our customers and constantly reflect how we can improve the customer experience. You will be responsible for leading the customer service team as well as driving a variety of communications and marketing initiatives. Thus, you will be closely involved in day-to-day activities but also working on more strategic decisions that will determine our path forward.
In this role you will learn how to use the latest marketing tactics that continuously drives our growth. By working closely in a team consisting out of marketing and customer experience focused team members, you will learn how to use information from our customers in order to attract new customers through various marketing initiatives.
Own the customer support process:
Manage customer relationships and communications. Assist in organizing/monitoring the fulfilment process Assist in part of the company’s PR
Examples of marketing and other initiatives:
Assist with ad hoc projects and other process improvement initiatives Support strategic planning & new upcoming Kickstarter/Marketing campaign designs Assist with day to day in and around the office (e.g. marketing, operations, etc.) Assist with social media management Assist and guide the influencer marketing team Assist with research (competitors, partners, marketing, etc.)
Who are you?
Strong organizational skills and attention to details Strong verbal and written English communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps Independent and self-driving – not afraid of taking own initiatives
We hope to hear from you soon and in case of any questions, we are more than happy to answer firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Advertising Specialist
We have worked with several online advertising agencies and have a great FB ad track record including successful audiences and high-converting ads. We are looking for an all-round Facebook ads specialist to join our team.
• Optimize landing pages for conversions,
• Develop high-converting lead magnets to attract clients,
• Research and identification of the best target audiences by using the Audience Insights tool + our existing audiences
• Set up conversion tracking and remarketing for our web shop,
• Effectively set up and split-test of campaigns by different placements, demographics and interests,
• Ability to use Facebook ad reports to analyse and improve the performance of campaigns,
• Ability to use the Power Editor tool to access all the advanced Facebook advertising features,
• Strategize on how to best scale your ad campaigns on Facebook.
• Proven track record and 1+ year working experience with FB ads
• Work independently
• Availability for weekly calls
• Give, track, and collect insights to key metrics on the Ekster ad Manager.email@example.com
Financial Analyst Internship position
The Financial analyst is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy and metrics tied to that strategy and the on-going development and monitoring of control systems and report accurate financial results.
• Financial administration (costs/revenues: ING, PayPal)
• Answer all relevant mails and make scheduled payments
• Update inventory to keep track of sales Weekly sales update (expected vs. actuals) Weekly meeting/call with management team to communicate any news and discuss projects Organize online and offline administration Incorporate accountancy software (Exact)
• Monthly report (summary of monthly costs, revenues, sales vs forecast…)
• Monthly report on past and upcoming costs /expenses
• Monthly check with accountant (ensure he has all invoices for VAT purposes)
• Monthly meeting/call with executive board
• Salary administration employees Variance analysis: present findings in monthly presentation
General projects / Ongoing tasks:
• Manage the yearly budget and monitor sales results
• Create financial scenarios (worse case, best case, based on potential # units sold)
• Calculate pricing of Ekster products for retail and distribution
• Solve and investigate tax benefits and understand salary scheme
• Analyze sales in a certain time frame, analyze effect of marketing initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
• University degree in business or economics
• Commercially and business minded
• Experience in and affinity with Microsoft Excelnest@ekster.com