Setting up your Ekster trackerDownload the Chipolo App
- Go to the App Store, download and install the Chipolo mobile application
Create an account/log in
- When you open the app for the first time you will see the instruction scree. Create an account or if you already have an account please select 'Log in'
- You can sign in with your Google or Facebook account, or login with your e-mail address and password
Add your tracker
- Add your Ekster tracker by tapping 'yes'
- Now tap on 'Partner Products' and select Ekster wallets in the next step
Pairing your tracker
- Place your tracker next to your device
- Firmly push the button twice on your tracker until you hear a beep sound
- Once connected you will be be redirected to the main screen
How do I track my wallet?
Always make sure your tracker is paired with your app to locate your wallet. If by chance you've your wallet and you're in close proximity, press 'Ring' on the app.
If not within close range, tap 'mark as lost', this will engage the craw locate network to search further.
How to unpair/remove your tracker card from your device
- Tap on the settings button (3 small dots)
- Tap on 'Customize Ekster'
- Tap on 'Remove Ekster'
- Confirm the unpair by selecting 'Remove'
How do I reset my tracker card?
When the 'Ring to find' button is not shown, it means that the tracker card and device are not connected.
- Close the app
- Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi
- Restart your phone
- Turn on Bluetooth and WiFi
- Start the Chipolo App
- Wait 10 seconds, so both phone and tracker card re-establish the connection
How do I track my wallet?
Always make sure your tracker is paired with your app to locate your wallet. If by chance you've lost your wallet, and you're in close proximity, tap 'Ring' on the app
If not within a close range, tap 'mark as lost', this will engage the 'community search'. Every Chipolo user who gets in range of your tracker will automatically (and anonymously) report your location back to you.
What is the battery life of the tracker and how do I charge it?
The tracker card is solar-powered, meaning that you'll never have to plug it in! To ensure the longevity of your tracker's battery, we recommend two hours of direct sunlight per month.
What can my voice assistant do with my Ekster Tracker?
Your voice assistant can locate your wallet, or it can tell you where it was last seen by the Chipolo app. Start your question with the activation command the devices use.
Please note: Chipolo Voice Control support the English Language only, and Google Assistant is limited to certain regions.
How to activate voice control on Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Siri
- Open the Chipolo Actions page on the Google Assistant Actions Store by searching for 'Chipolo'
- Make sure you are logged in with the account you use for Google Assistant
- Tap on 'link'
- You will be directed to the Chipolo web app, here you sign in with your Chipolo account.
- After logging in, you will be presented with a screen that explains your accounts will be linked, tap 'confirm'
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu
- Tap on 'Skills', the Amazon Alexa store will open its home page
- Tap on 'Enable' to start linking your account
- You will be directed to the Chipolo web app, here you sign in with your Chipolo account
- Activate Siri by holding down the home button
- Command Siri to 'Ring my Ekster'
- iOS devices: running version 9.0 or newer, with built in Bluetooth 4.0
- Android devices: running version 4.4 or newer with built in Bluetooth 4.0